Music plays an important part in school life. Every class has regular music lessons in which the skills needed to make music are taught such as listening, participating and performing, with plenty of opportunities to link these skills to other curriculum areas. There are also opportunities to enrich our special occasions with music such as at the Infant Nativity play at Christmas, the Year 4/5 Easter production and at the Year 6 production at the end of their time with us.
Telford & Wrekin Music has been delivering instrumental & vocal tuition in schools since April 2007.
We provide a number of high quality opportunities for music making across the Borough for children & young people, these include:
• Music theory, singing and instrumental lessons on a wide range of instruments (currently at St. Patrock's we have regular tuition for violin, cello guitar and percussion)
• Ensemble opportunities for children and young people, such as our Woodwind Ensemble,
Rock Schools and Orchestras
• Music instrument hire
• Free lessons and instrument hire for those pupils on free school meals
• Music 2 the 4 provides whole class music lessons at Key Stage 2 in Telford & Wrekin primary schools
• Performance opportunities for children and young people, such as our Band Nights, Telford & Wrekin
Music Showcase, as well as opportunities to take part in regional workshops and showcase events